Associate, Shearman & Sterling LLP, Paris
Marija Šobat is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
Her experience includes international arbitrations conducted under ICSID, SCC, CRCICA, SIAC and UNCITRAL Rules.
EXPERIENCE INCLUDES REPRESENTATION OF:
• Ukraine as respondent in an investment treaty arbitration against a CIS entity under the rules of the SCC. The dispute relates to the financial sector.
• Ukraine in an ICSID arbitration initiated by Emergofin B.V. and Velbay Holdings under the Netherlands-Ukraine bilateral investment treaty (ICSID Case No. ARB/16/35). The dispute relates to an aluminium and alumina production company.
• Rasia FZE and Joseph K. Borkowski, Claimants in an ICSID arbitration brought against the Republic of Armenia under the U.S.-Armenia bilateral investment treaty and two concession agreements concluded with the State (ICSID Case No. ARB/18/28). The dispute arose out of two concession agreements to develop, maintain and operate both a rail network and a high speed road network in Southern Armenia. Over USD 260 million was at stake.
• Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS) and Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC), Claimants in a CRCICA arbitration in Cairo with East Mediterranean Gas S.A.E. (EMG), arising out of a long term gas supply contract between EGAS, EGPC and EMG.
• Harvard Law School, LL.M.
• Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies & University of Geneva, LL.M. in International Dispute Settlement
• University of Rome, “La Sapienza”, Second Level Master in International Commercial Law
• University of Belgrade, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
Admissions & Courts
• New York
• Member, Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
• Member, ICDR Young & International
• Member, LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
• Co-founder, Harvard International Arbitration Law Students Association (HIALSA)